The MEGAMIGS Education Zone
Where you’ll find training courses that lead to video-gaming careers!
Are you creative, passionate about video games, and into technology? Have you thought about studying video gaming, 3D animation or digital design? MEGAMIGS is a terrific event that can help guide you to a video-gaming career.
Interested? Seven higher-learning establishments (including CEGEPs and universities) will showcase their study programs in digital creation in the Education Zone, presented by SYNTHÈSE as part of MEGAMIGS, Québec’s not-to-be-missed video-gaming industry event.
Come with your friends, family, and classmates on October 21 and 22, 2022 at Hôtel Bonaventure in Montréal and meet with the professionals who work in the video-gaming sector.
In the Education Zone, you’ll find booths for various educational institutions where you can ask all your questions regarding post-secondary studies to teachers and program coordinators. Representatives from the establishments listed below will be there:
- SYNTHÈSE to promote jobs and training in digital creation
- Campus ADN (Cégep de Matane and Cégep du Vieux Montréal)
- Dawson College
- ISART Digital
- École NAD-UQAC
- Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (UQAC)
- Université du Québec en Abitibi Témiscamingue (UQAT, whose booth will be located in the Expo Zone)
- University of British Columbia
Also on the agenda are activities designed to let you know more about the various study options:
Friday, October 21:
- Come and explore the diverse profiles of students who are studying video gaming in Québec. This is a great opportunity to listen to personal testimonials, explore student portfolios, and ask questions about real-life experiences.
Saturday, October 22:
- Come and watch presentations by schools on their training programs. What a fantastic opportunity this is to ask all your questions about prerequisites, target profiles, teachers’ backgrounds, subjects on the curriculum, skill-development, job-placement rates, and the types of jobs these courses can lead to!
In addition, MEGAMIGS enables you to learn more about the local and international video-gaming industry by visiting the booths of the many gaming studios based in Québec – where you can test-drive their latest releases!
To attend MEGAMIGS, visit the online ticket office* with an adult. The event is free of charge for attendees aged 12 or under, if you want to bring a younger sibling along. The general admission price for one day is $20.
*SYNTHÈSE offers 10% off your choice of ticket; just use the following promotional code, MM22-SYN-10-A7TC4, at the online ticket office prior to making your payment!
We look forward to seeing you there! Enjoy the event!
SYNTHÈSE is a proud partner of the 2022 edition of MEGAMIGS. Find all post-secondary courses available in digital creation in our post-secondary training section.
Other news that may be of interest to you
Nov 10 2022MEGAMIGS
PREPARE YOUR STAY AT MEGAMIGS In addition to your visit to MEGAMIGS, a host of activities are available to you within walking distance of the festival. Let us guide you on what to do, where to eat, and a whole lot more! Where to stay The 2022 edition takes place at the Bonaventure Hotel, […]
Nov 03 2022MEGAMIGS
Red Barrels presented the new gameplay trailer for The Outlast Trials during Gamescom Opening Night Live 2022. This whole new take on the Outlast survival horror experience enters a Closed Beta playtest over Halloween weekend. Subjects are required to present themselves to the Murkoff Corporation for the Closed Beta trials between October 28th to November 1st Watch the […]